Another quite white run, although most of the snow has melted and left only vaguely icy patches. Has warmed up a bit but very cold wind. Ran with Jan and Ros in Bury Knowle from the JR and I could definitely have given Tigger a run for his money! I was too embarassed to finish with the drills, but I read an article this morning advocating the importance of short sprint efforts several times a week so I added in 5 x 30 second sprints and a few extra fast fartlek additions.
It was odd because I felt a bit tired to start with, and I was so hungry my stomach was rumbling, but I enjoyed it more and more as I got going. And the speed still seems to have been ratched up a notch.
9.02/8.18/8.13/8.11 pace
I worked out the other day that a 3.35 marathon would mean 8.12/mile pace, and Athletics weekly suggested regularly running at that pace slowly increasing to 18 miles at that pace. Since then I seem to be near 8.12 most of the time. What a strange thing the head is! the thought of working towards a marathon is very exciting at the moment. I am perusing the websites to see whats available from April or so onwards and will report back.
Tuesday, 3 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment