Saturday, 7 February 2009

5th Feb - 2.65 miles (29.39 mins) @ 11.12/mile

Woke up to a real winter wonderland - real snow, far more than at the beginning of the week. Must have dumped 8-10cm in the night. Couldn't wait to get out and I ran up to the top of Shotover Hill, with lots of cars stuck at the bottom and on the way up. I wanted to see the view of Oxford from the top, but it was snowing and misty from it, so I made a snowman and ran back down.

I didn't make the 3 miles point today, and the speed isn't anything to yell about, but I ran in extreme conditions, for Oxford and England, and I loved it! Its like running in sand, but lighter and more forgiving, and of course far brighter. I think it must be good to reduced SAD - I wonder if thats why the lands with longterm snow don't suffer so much depression (do they?)

No comments:

Post a Comment