Friday, 16 January 2009

Day 15 - 3.02 miles (24.50 mins) @ 8.14/mile

Now today was interesting. After whingeing so much yesterday, I decided, as it was an evening run in the end anyway, to go nice and slowly, as a recovery run. Which of course means the opposite in my contrary head!

Out-and-back course, downhill on the way there, with quite a significant half mile downhill at the end before the turnaround point. So the first mile seems to go past with quite a lot of effort involved but is only 8.27, which I was a bit disappointed with and decided to open up a bit on the downhill. At the same time I started thinking about doing a negative split, despite the course back being mainly uphill (a far cry from the planned recovery session!) So the next half mile goes by in 4.03 and then I turn round and peg it up the hill.

Its my favourite hill in Oxford - a lovely mellow gradient, never too hard but just enough too stay interesting. And the mile, mainly uphill, was 8.24! Battle on. I raced home puffing and panting in 3.54, a little uphill but mostly flat. And was I delighted!

I finally felt like I had the strength, stamina and choice to really 'run' three miles! Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment