Wednesday, 21 January 2009

Day 21 - 3.0 miles (26.19 mins) @ 8.46/mile

Again not an earth shattering time - a morning run this time, around 10am. Very sunny but still very frosty and slippy so more of a tip-toe really. I wanted to run faster, and had the energy to. I feel the stress is reducing now and I'm finally feeling like I've almost organised all the things I can organise before setting off - the rest will jst have to live without me. I am feeling very pleased to have completed part one of the experiment in tact. The chances of that now go down a bit for the next week, as I'm planning on 3 miles being just the icing on the cake. Hope to bump this months mileage up a bit, and get closer to training for the Reading half marathon at the end of March, and the Goring 10k at the beginning of March, both of which I've entered for.

I also tried out another experiment this morning with very commendable results. In a fit of rebellion I ate an egg McMuffin 20 minutes before my run, again squeezed in between various commitments. No stitch, nausea, gut overenthusiasm ro anything at all ! I'm contemplating introducing this as a significant part of the February experiment!

My legs are desperate to get going in a warm non-frosty setting - although I will miss the beauty of the cold in some ways. Still have 2 days to run when I get back. I will try to put up my inital plan for next week on the site later on. You might like to peruse http://www.holiday-weather.com/lanzarote/seven-day-forecast.html at some point, and maybe http://www.clublasanta.co.uk/ if you fancy being infected with the same desire to spend calories!

Thursday 22nd Jan 2009
Flight 10:30am
17:10 8km O/R hill run
+/- 18:15 fitness bike

Friday 23rd Jan
8:15 8km O/R run
10am 45 mins O/R run
Swim
3pm Transition training and short bike ride
18:15 fitness bike

Sat 24th Jan
10am Lanzarote International Duathlon - 5/20/2.5k
4pm 1.5 hr bike ride
17:15 10k race

Sun 25th Jan
10am 1.5 hr run
1.30-4.30 snorkel safari
Gym

Mon 26th Jan
7:45 duathlon 2.5/14.8/2.5
or 8:15 8km hill run
10am run - techniques, drills and exercises
2pm bike - hills
or aquathlon 200/3km

Tues 27th Jan
7:45 half marathon
10am 4hr bike ride
Swim
17:00 run 40 mins
or 17:10 track session
18:15 fitness bike

Wed 28th Jan
7:45 mini-tri 400/15.2/4.4k
10am track run
2pm easy bike
17:10 12km O/R run

Thurs 29th Jan
7:45 run
Swim

Flight home15:45

No comments:

Post a Comment