Monday, 5 January 2009

Day 5- 3.46 miles (30.31 mins) @ 8.50 miles

No new record for freezing overnight, but a little smattering of real white, authentic looking snow met us this morning, the first day proper back to work after the Christmas skive. I was working a long day today - clinic in the morning and tied to a bleep from 5-9pm this evening, so the logical time to go out was the afternoon.

So clinic finished around 1pm, no lunch yet, and I find my legs walking me to the changing room, kit and shoes in hand, with not a single attempt at a stall, moan, stomach rumble or anything. Amazing! Last year I would quite happily have tried all three tactics, a rough attempt at feeling giddy through low blood sugar and a promise that I would do it later (read tomorrow). I can't believe the change in my thinking already (ask me again in another week).

I ran a lovely little route out the back of the hospital, across some fields covered in snow and pussy footed around bits of melted/not melted/icy snow around park lanes and quieter back roads. The sun was up, some clouds and a strong cold wind. Would have like to post a quicker time - no real efforts yet - but underfoot made it a bit unwise. Lovely run though. Bit of a stiff lower anterior ankle this evening and I feel a bit knackered today - thought it might be the cold, going back to work and the accumulating run tally, but mamageable.

Roll on tomorrow . . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment