A gentle run with Sam around South Park, with the Morrell Avenue hill in the second mile. Its actually getting more difficult to run slowly, which I'm hoping means I'm learning to go faster. Chilly and windy but not rainy, thank heavens. A nice chat on the way, left me invigorated!
In preparation for the impending holiday, I bought some new, rather cool bike shoes (3 sizes too big cos they were much cheaper) and I put new Look cleats on them. So I thought I'd finish off the run today with a short bike ride, try to get used to getting out of the new cleats - always a bit of a palava, learnt by painful experience on several occasions when I either forgot to take my foot out or couldn't! Rather embarassing and rather sore on the old elbow! Such was my mental aptitude today, I even practised taking my right foot out, as would befit the strange driving habits of a place like Lanzarote.
I was only out for 3.19 miles in 14.44 mins (13miles an hour apparently! The wind must have been behind me, I felt I was on fire!) Great fun, such a lovely bike with tri-bar set up, very comfortable. Tomorrow I plan another ride and then to pack the thing up in a lovely warm suitcase all ready for its holiday. Only 4 more runs before I'm off!
Sunday, 18 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment