Monday, 19 January 2009

Day 19 - 3.13 miles (28.26) @ 9.06/mile

Today was a shamelessly slow recovery run. It was cold, dark, I'd been hungry all day and my thighs, back and shoulders ached from heaving boxes, cycling and running yesterday. What a crock! I am seriously worried that I won't have the stamina for the whole week from Thursday, and I so want to get the most out of it.

Stand back. I have been running now for 19 days constantly. Ok so not a marathon every day, but consistent significant running, through frost, snow, cold and wind. I think my body is a bit tired and sleeping has still been a bit disrupted, which has a significant effect if you demand a certain amount everyday. No rest days.

I think my mind is so active because I am trying to think of all the things I want to pack for the holiday, what I need to do before I go, in three different hospitals, teaching, cancelling the vegetable order etc. Progesterone is making my balance so rubbish that I am walking into almost everything, and I fall over when I try to stretch my quads.

That all said, I think thats all fine. Its ok to feel tired, feel fed up of being cold, feel hungry and sore/stiff. Its all part of this experiment, all part of fitting running into everyday life, even if some of those 'everydays' are tired days, dark, cold with rubbish weather. Others will be sunny, days you just want to get out there and run, and all the cold dark runs are worthwhile, because it means you have the strength to peg it along the canal path or round the park when you really want to!

Interestingly enough, one of the biggest things thats currently bothering me is the thought I might actually forget to go out for a run on one day! Its becoming so much 'part of the furniture' that I might just overlook it. When everything is all sorted, I'm in my apartment on Thursday, with the lovely balcony over the pool, and the sun is just going down at 16 C or so and I go out for my 3 miles then, thats when I'll start relaxing and enjoying it!

1 comment:

  1. Rock on! Inspiring post - need to remember there are good ones as well as boring/rubbish/slow etc bad ones!

    ReplyDelete