So, the two week point arriveth! Today's run was easier on the brain than some others - regular running slot with two friends from one of the hospital, with quite a wide spread of ability, but both improving rapidly. We ran round a lovely small park - I warmed up by running there and I felt like I had overdosed on Pro-plus! I was bouncing, couldn't wait to get out. Did some fartlek during the first few laps and tried some short sprints to liven things up. A gentle run home and I felt completely knackered for the rest of the evening. Watched Wall-e but only just, cried mournfully at the happy part and fell straight to sleep/coma on hitting the sheets.
That's my second post 30 mile week, I make it just over 31 miles for this week, and I am left with the feeling that increased running distance, frequency, a few nights poor sleep and the cold in most of the recent runs must be to blame for what seems a woeful lack of stamina! I have planned 2 half-marathons, swimming, cycling, triathlon, international duathlon and some snorkelling for the week I'm away - what a shock that will be right now!
I think I will minimise distance tomorrow, knowing that I finally have the weekend off and Friday presents an interestingly busy day, with possibly the first 'squeeze it in somewhere' situation this month. The sensible thing to do on Friday, as all the magazines would have you know, is to get up earlier and manage the run before work - no carrying clothes around all day, shower all done and can make meetings in a relaxed manner all day if necessary. I could practise that tomorrow as I don't have any specific morning appointments. I wonder if that will happen . . . . . . .
Thursday, 15 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment