Actually, it isn't that cold! I thought I would shrivel up and hibernate in the 2 C at Gatwick when we finally landed, but I had 4 layers and a hat to hand - no problem! It must be more about wearing the wrong clother Grommit, rather than it actually being unmanageable.
So this morning, when it didn't dawn bright and sunny and I couldn't wander straight out onto the lovely terrace, to greet the little bird that helped me demolish 2 whole aiplane biscuits and some malt loaf throughout the week, it did seem a little strange. Very warm with the heating on, in fact warmer I think inside than outside on the terrace. Pity the rest didn't hold true.
Not at work today, I dressed for the Arctic when I ran down to Tesco to get some more fizzy vitamins to release my energy. I have so much faith in those tablets. Much better the fizzy ones too, not so good if you can just down them with your morning coffee. Anyway, the other main change was I puffed heartily on a new inhaler. No shakes or heart racing that I usually get, but definitely a good deal of coughing. And now the time of reckoning!!
First 3 miles (flat then gently downhill, cold but not mind numbingly, and windy (pah! we can do wind!) - 8.20/8.33/8.19!! Now this isn't going to break any Olympic records just yet, but it flippin' cheered me up, I can tell you! 1st mile I breathed in deeply! 2nd mile began to tighten up and 3rd mile was a big hindrance, but I'd forgotten to puff just beore I left, so tomorrow - watch out!!
3.47 miles to Tesco in 8.22/mile average. Then a slower recovery home due to hill but mainly to get breath and confidence back (2.22 miles in 20.04/9.03 per mle average).
I'm writing this later on in the afternoon, just as the light is beginning to fade, and my legs are jangling. I want to go out and do something else now! Another run, swim or cycle. Maybe a longer run tomorrow - I feel really enthusiastic!
Friday, 30 January 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You've done brilliantly! Keep those positive thoughts - everything done in January *has* to set a decent foundation for whatever comes next. I promise to write up my last few runs - probably this evening when it's all over - one more left...
ReplyDelete